As members of the South Dakota Athletic Trainers’ Association (SDATA) Honors and Awards Committee we would like to reach out to provide you with some information about our Honors and Awards. It is our mission to help bring awareness to the profession of athletic training and recognize those athletic trainers who go above and beyond. We ask that you take a moment to review the awards that we offer and consider nominating an athletic trainer that you feel is deserving of such an award. Below you will find a brief overview of each award:
SDATA Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a member of the South Dakota Athletic Trainers’ Association for their service to the SDATA and/or outstanding contribution to the profession of athletic training.
SDATA Athletic Training Student of the Year Award
- The purpose of this award is to recognize an athletic training student for their involvement in the athletic training profession at the School, State, or District level.
SDATA Athletic Training Educator of the Year Award
- The purpose of this award is to recognize an athletic training instructor or preceptor for their outstanding dedication to the development of athletic training students and the profession of athletic training.
SDATA Friends of Athletic Training Award
- The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual for making significant contributions to the profession of athletic training in South Dakota.
SDATA Iron Will Award
- The SDATA Iron Will Award serves to honor those outstanding high school or college athletes that have successfully returned to completion following a serious athletic injury. It also serves to honor the certified athletic trainer who played a major role in working with the athlete.
SDATA Unsung Hero Award
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a member of the SDATA for their actions in an emergency or life threatening situation. The goal is to highlight the important role athletic trainers serve in helping keep athletes, coaches, spectators and patients safe.
SDATA Hall of Fame
- The highest honor a member of the SDATA can receive is the induction into the SDATA Hall of Fame. The SDATA invites eligible and deserving candidates to apply for this most prestigious honor and be recognized for their contributions to the field of athletic training. The nominee must have held membership in the SDATA for a minimum of 20 years and be in good standing with the NATA and SD Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
To complete a nomination you can go to http://www.sdathletictrainers.com and click on the Honors and Awards tab. Please complete all nomination forms and e-mail to the following SDATA Honors and Awards Committee members by March 1st, 2020:
Those that submitted nominations, as well as award winners, will be notified via e-mail after March 1st, 2020 on the status of the nomination. Award winners will be honored at the SDATA Honors and Awards Banquet on April 17th in Brookings, SD.
We would ask that you please pass this information on to staff, students, parents or anyone you feel would be interested in providing a nomination. We feel it is vitally important to recognize and honor those who do an outstanding job, and that starts with a nomination.
If you have any additional questions please contact one of the committee members listed above.
We appreciate your time and hope you will consider submitting a nomination.
Brittany Hubbart, MS, ATC
Kacie Mikkelsen, MS, ATC
Katie Fujimoto, MS, AT